Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Does anyone else put AGT clothing on Historicals??

  1. #11
    Inactive Member TrvlLin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only have Kit, Marisol and now Jess, but I have several other AG size dolls too. I have a lot of the AG historical outfits and accessories, so they all wear whatever is appropriate to the scene I'm setting, and what looks cute on them! I have a couple of dolls whose hairstyles limit what looks good on them (Kit just can't be made into a Colonial era girl!) But I think they like sharing clothes and sometimes we come up with a stunning combination. My redhead Gotz Sarah Walking her Dog looks much cuter in Molly's Christmas dress than the pictures I've seen of Molly wearing it. The contrast with Sarah's almost carrot-red hair and the green velveteen is a real standout! Lin

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Pressed_Flowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really liked the Flapper costume (for I've always wanted a 1920s historical even if they wouldn't have dressed like adults) and thought about buying it, even if it meant Felicity would have to wear it. I didn't though for it just didn't seem right.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We dress our girls in whatever they pick out for the day

  4. #14
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    My collection is AG's of Today; however I bought a few historical dolls to reflect my overall divesity theme. I have Josefina as a Hispnic today girl, Kaya as a Native American today girl, and 5 Addys as 5 African American today girls.

    I do buy some of the historical dress because I prefer more modest clothing for them and some of the historical dress are quite nice.

    I am 51, so I prefer traditional looking modest clothing to the newer trendy items.

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dress my Molly in whatever seems to look best on her regardless of period... She doesn't complain.

    Taffy

  6. #16
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Right now, the only thing I have done is put a Gilly Gals pullover over top of Kit's hobo outfit.

  7. #17
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I don't. I do, though, dress my LE dolls in historical clothing more than modern clothing.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member jennifermarym's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sailorangel59:
    I feel sinful if I even think of putting them in out of period clothes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhh! A girl after my own heart! I am such a purist it is ridiculous, but I figure if I really want a girl that looks like a Historical I can get one off E-Bay and transform her. This way I don't feel bad and I have a new gorgeous girl.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member marilyn2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2005
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only have 2 historicals and a lot of AGT clothes. The historicals where a lot of AGT clothes and sometimes other historicals clothes. My dream would to keep my historicals in only historical clothes, but I would need more historical outfits for that.

  10. #20
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    my two "girls" like to swap clothes- Felicity will wear Susie's clothes and Susie has worn Felicity's dresses. I don't really care if some other people might think it's weird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •